Wednesday, March 23, 2011

FireFox 4 waiting icon rotating anticlockwise

So Firefox 4.0 was released yesterday, and contrary to my usual track record I downloaded it today itself. Not sure how that happened.

The new look looks interesting. Will take some time to explore properly though.

One thing which intrigued me, and is troubling me quite a bit now, is the rotation of the waiting icon (or throbbing icon, or waiting gif whatever is the right term) which shows up in the tab when we open a new site.
There are two of them. One is grayish, and other one green. The green one rotates fine (clockwise), however the gray one rotates anticlockwise.

I wonder if that is deliberate, and if yes, then what's the though behind it? Would like to know if somebody has answer to this.

Also, not sure why do they require two of them. Though I kind of guessed gray one comes when the browser is trying to locate the server, and the green one comes when the server is located and the data is being downloaded. If that is the case, then it makes sense to have two.

Btw little off the topic, I came across this site: http://www.ajaxload.info/. It lets you make your waiting icon in your own color. There are a good number of options to choose from as well. Quite useful for web developers I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment